Sunday, June 22, 2008

Practice time

We practice for Thursday night sessions at a place which might surprise you -- Yahoo Games.

The Texas Hold 'Em areas are set up as "cash games" -- with maximum bets of $12 pre-flop and On The Flop. The maximum is $20 on the turn and the river.

Yahoo gives you $1000 just for showing up. As of this writing, I stand at $3131 after several months in the "Advanced Lounges."

Advancing to $2000 was relatively simple in beginners' and intermediate areas. At the top level, it's much tougher. I dropped as low as $1890 in May, before mounting a recent charge -- but above $3000, I've hit a wall for some reason.

By the way, don't take "lounge" too seriously. Some players at the advanced stage demand fast play or else. The spiritual fruit of patience (Gal. 5:22) clearly is lacking in them.

One day when I happened to host a table, a player demanded I boot someone for slow play. I responded with a phrase from my late father: "Have a train to catch?" That player laughed and calmed down.




1 comment:

Soon To Change Blog Name said...

Hey man this is great! Glad to see you expanded your blog to include your poker ministry & adventures at the cove.

I still havent made it down there to play with you but it is on my list. I will keep watching this blog as well as your columbus one.

Thanks again,

Glenn