Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Worship in silence

We made a club flush online some time back, to top a player named "LuekyLen." When someone else made a club flush in the same game, the following condensed chat occurred:

Me: Clubs can hurt people.
TAPrice: Thats poker
Me: I know. I did it to Len awhile ago.
luckylen: WHAT
Me: When I topped Len with the club flush.
luckylen: DUDE GET A LIFE
Me: Don't worry - I have one.
Me: I have a way and a truth, too. :--)
luckylen: SO WHY YOU TALKING *** THEN JUST PLY ***
Me: OK.

Perhaps Len didn't want us to bring up a loss he took. Our apologies if that caused him to be upset. But in his moment of frustration, and before we stopped chatting for awhile, we slipped a word of God in.

It was Jesus who said in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life." What sort of "way" was Christ talking about? The way to salvation.

"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved," Jesus adds in John 10:9. Have you stepped through that gate -- a gate which can lead to everlasting life? If you're not sure how to do that, leave a comment with an e-mail address; we'll be glad to help you.

No comments: