Sunday, June 5, 2016

Join the Fold? II

A recent post here talked about the fold in poker. It's a simple act which means you've lost the hand.

Sometimes a fold is easy -- for example, when you have 2-4 offsuit and an opponent goes all-in before the flop. Other folds can be difficult, yet wind up looking like strokes of genius. For example, you could lay down a big straight if your opponent has a full house.

What would you say was the best "pay-down" in poker history? We're open to your comments. In the meantime, how about the biggest one in human history....
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.... and I lay down my life for the sheep. - John 10:14-15


These words came from the mouth of Jesus Christ. We established in that other post that He's the way to a "sheepfold" - a place to have life, where the "fold" is more like a palace.  Yet did you realize Jesus "folded" long ago - as in folding His life?
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.... - John 10:18


Jesus gave up His life, yet was resurrected to eternal life. And that life is not only for Him:
For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! - Romans 5:10


Through Christ's death and resurrection, you can have salvation - and be part of his "sheepfold" forever. A stroke of folding genius, indeed. Have you taken advantage of it?

No comments: