Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Hands of God

We were in a Bible discussion recently, when the minister/moderator caught our attention with these words: "God wants a full house."

What made him say that? What Jesus said shortly before His crucifixion....

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. -- John 14:1-3


The King James Version has the classic phrase, "In my Father's house are many mansions." But when was the last time you saw a mansion inside a house? It's usually the reverse in our society -- so "rooms in a house" seems more sensible to us.

We don't know the size of this house. But math experts have computed Noah's ark was the size of a modern cargo ship. It was built with plenty of room for people to escape the flood. Sadly, only Noah and his immediate family did (Genesis 7:13) -- and somehow, all kinds of animals turned out to be smarter than the majority of humanity.

Our point is that God probably has plenty of room in His house for all believers. And yes, He has room for you. God's version of a "full house" is guaranteed to be a winner for all eternity. Have you made your reservation yet -- by repenting of your sin, and turning your life to God?

No comments: