Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ohhhhh. Never mind.

We went to The Roadhouse for poker around 8:00 Wednesday night. We were still standing outside around 8:25.

Two men standing near the door confirmed it was poker night, but no one had shown up yet. Then those men showed they were NOT interested in poker camaraderie -- as they walked across 11th Street to avoid me, and continue their conversation.

A few people were inside The Roadhouse. Eventually one saw me at the front door, motioned me to a side door -- and that's when I learned the bad news. The club no longer has poker nights, and now officially is closed on Wednesdays.

"It wasn't bringing in enough people," a man told me. On the nights I attended, about 25-30 showed up.

So a downtown poker option no longer exists. Does this mean Columbus poker is in decline? You tell me.

2 comments:

Redoubt said...

Dang Richard... so you DO know where the 'Comments On' button is!

My Christmas wish is that Burkard's Blog of Columbus opens up for comments so all of us can stop by and tell you how much we enjoy your work!

PS - Don't disappoint me, Richard. I have a silver beard, a red hat and a reigndeer named James in my front yard you know...

Richard said...

You can leave a comment for that other blog anytime. Simply e-mail me. Unless it's something which might get me sued, it probably will be posted ASAP.