Monday, September 1, 2008

$500 overflow

Happy Labor Day -- and may you rest in some holiday action, which just unfolded in a Yahoo poker room.

IN THE POCKET: Q-10 off suit.

The maximum ten players are at this table, and they're in a betting mood. We go all the way before the flop, $12 a player.

ON THE FLOP: 8h Jh Ad.

A nice draw for a top straight. I keep betting, as do several others.

ON THE TURN: Kd.

The King is coming! The King is coming!! (Rev. 19:11-16)

But hold it -- flush chances abound on this board. I keep betting, as do about seven others to the $20 max. The pot climbs well above $350, which is huge for Yahoo's small cash games.

ON THE RIVER: Ah.

Uh-oh. Did someone hit the flush? I'm committed big-time to the pot, and so are several others -- so the betting goes to the max again.

We all turn 'em over -- and a player to my left has 8-8. He hits a FULL HOUSE on the river, and takes a $514 pot! The biggest I've seen at Yahoo.

I took another big pot minutes later, with 8's and 3's. It was worth $184. Nice.... but oh, what could have been.





No comments: